Gum disease leads to swollen and red gums, and it is the major reason why most people lose teeth. Many people have tried to stop this problem in vain.
Below is a guideline of what to do to do away with gum diseases once and for all
- Take two or more minutes to brush your teeth twice or thrice daily.
- Brush along the gum line, this is where gum diseases start, and most of us neglect the area when brushing.
- Have two toothbrushes and use them alternatively, if you use one to brush in the morning use the other in the evening.
- Massage your gums twice a day using the index finger to increase blood flow.
- Use an electric brush; research shows that it removes around 98% plague compared to 48% removed by normal brushes.
- Increase intake of vitamin C it helps reduce gum bleeding.
- Gargle using Listerine; it helps prevent plaque build up in the gums.
- Clean your tongue every time you are brushing; it removes bacteria accumulated on the tongue which is harmful to your mouth.
- Evaluate your lifestyle, what do you eat? Are you consuming enough fruits and Veges? Are you a smoker? Practice a healthy lifestyle and your mouth will be very healthy.
- Floss your teeth once a day; it helps reduce gum redness, bad breath, and swollen gums.